Summary: Resurrection means nothing to many, but to others it is everything.
Acts 23:6 I am on trial because of my hope in Resurrection.
1. The Resurrection means nothing To some people
A. Resurrection means nothing To those who are craving for the ways of the world
B. Resurrection means nothing To those who have their mind on earthly things and not heavenly
C. Resurrection means nothing To those who have their faith in other things than Jesus Christ
D. Right Now it may mean nothing, but when one dies it will mean everything
1. The resurrection means if Jesus can overcome death hell and the grave then he can overcome anything
• Death had devoured every soul prior to the death of Christ
• Death meant before Christ’s Resurrection that Humanity went to Dust
• . Genesis 3:19By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were
taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."
2. Death was viewed as the opposite of life .
• The Israelites usually viewed death as they saw it--the very opposite of life. And resurrection was not yet a part of their
communal experience with God.
The Psalmist says, 5No one remembers you when he is dead. Who praises you from the grave
6I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. Why do they
weep so because the dead are no more
A. Death is also view as Cut
Psalm 88:5I am set apart with the dead, like the slain who lie in the grave, whom you remember no more, who are cut off from your care.
B. Death is empowered by Satan Hebrews 2:14Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil-- 15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.
C. God shares through the prophet that God will overcome the grave Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave,D is your destruction?
3. His resurrection means if he can overcome the enemy death then
. • If Jesus can defeat the grave He will meet your needs, Matt. 6:25-34; Phil. 4:19. 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. ? 31So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?’ or `What shall we drink?’ or `What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
• Since Jesus overcame death He is able to keep you safe, 1 Pet. 1:5. 3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, 5who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.