Summary: Trials in our life are like mountains. Our God is a mountain moving God, but what do Christians do when God does not move their mountain?
1. There must be a Recognition of God’s Prerogative.
Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego (Dan. 3)
2. We must be Resigned to God’s Purposes.
-Sometimes God’s purpose is Revealed
-Sometimes God’s purpose is Concealed
-At all times God’s purpose is Involved
God’s purpose for our life is always:
A. Grounded in Prayer. (Rom. 8:26) "which cannot be uttered..."
B. Guided by Providence. (Rom. 8:28)
C. Guaranteed by Predestination. (Eph. 1:4) "For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight."
3. We must Rely on God’s Promises. (2 Cor. 12)
1. Experience of Glory (3rd Heaven)
2. Experience of Grief "Lest I should be exalted..." (v. 7)
3. Experience of Grace "My Grace is sufficient for thee...."
"Every good promise is just as good..."
"He hasn’t called me because I’m fit..."
4. We need to Rest in God’s Peace. (Phil. 4:6-7) "Be careful..."
* Matthew Henry Illustration
1. Never robbed before.
2. My purse, but not my life.
3. It wasn’t much.
4. I who was robbed, not I who robbed.
5. We need to Recommit to God’s Plan for our life.
(Phil. 3) 11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.