Summary: Based on the three I wills in the text I will rejoice, I will not keep silent, and I will not rest.
“What will you do in 2018?” Isaiah 61:10-62:3 What Does the Text Say?
New Years Eve Carr Memorial 2018
1. The Text tells us of the Anointed One who will preach and bring “Good News”
• The Anointed One will be a Preacher of Good Tidings Good News to the meek, to the repentant, and humble or poor in spirit, The anointed one will bring The purity of the Gospel, Faithful sayings,
• The Anointed one will be a healer. He was sent to bind up the broken-hearted, a Those whose hearts are broken for sin, their guilt and dread of wrath the healer will bring consolations or relief as a result of their pardon for their sins.
• The Anointed one will be a Deliverer He proclaims liberty to the captives , and opens prison doors to those that were bound. by the guilt of sin, we are bound over to the justice of God, are his lawful captives, sold for sin till payment be made of that great debt, Christ lets us know that he has made satisfaction to divine justice for that debt,
• The Anointed One will be a comforter, and so he is as preacher, healer, and deliverer he is sent to comfort all who mourn, The People of Zion are a people of great calamities and desolation , they are a suffering people. Zion carry their sorrows to the throne of grace (for in Zion was the mercy-seat) and pour them out as Hannah did before the Lord.
• The Anointed One will be a Planter The Planter will cure their wounds, release them out of bondage, and comfort them in their sorrows, that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, God's vineyard and may be fruitful in the fruits of righteousness, as the branches of God's planting, We are the trees of Gods delight
2. The text shares with us what The Anointed one will do in His era, what will you do in 2018?
What Will You Do in 2018?
• The title is suggested by the three "I wills" of today's text. The voice of this passage says
• "I will greatly rejoice ... The people of Zion rejoice because "he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness" and that the "Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring up before all the nations." The speaker is blessed and knows it. How about you?
• "I will not keep silent" I have been quiet and held myself back. But now, like a woman in childbirth, I cry out, I gasp and pant. I will step up my devotion, I will step my faith, I will step my attentitivesness and attendance. I have been silent to long I will voice my praise for you Anointed One have healed, delivered, comforted, and planted fire iin my soul.
• "I will not rest" (61:10 and 62:1). The speaker feels there is great work yet to be done. People need delivered in Zion there are many who are heart broken, many who are captive, many who mourn, many who dwell in great despair, and many who feel they don’t matter. I have looked unto the fields they are white and ready for the harvest and I will pray for harvesters.