Summary: I am pretending to be Isaiah the Prophet today dress in a white robe and I will share my story according to texts found in Isaiah. I had a great task to tell the people of Judah about the coming foes to bring judgement but I did it.
1. I was told of God To “Fear Not” Isaiah 41 :10
• I am the son of Amos and I prophesied in the days of these Kings of Judah Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah. I was terrorized to do so but I did
• Now some mighty strange things happened to me which scared the wits out of me its recorded in the Bible Isaiah 20:3And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia; 4so the king of Assyria will lead away stripped and barefoot the Egyptian captives and Cushite exiles, young and old, with buttocks bared--to Egypt's shame. That’s right I had to walk bare foot and naked for 3 years as an example .
• Why would I do such a thing? Well maybe it’s better to “obey God than to obey man”
• Maybe I did it because I really had a encounter with God listen to this "King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: 3And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." 4At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
5"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
6Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for." 8Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
2. I Feared not . . . Because I knew God is with me;
• I recalled how Moses had did many great things and Joshua was afraid but “God said As I was with Moses so shall I be with you”
• I recalled how Gideon’s entire family worshipped Baal and God told Gideon to destroy his father’s altar for Baal and build an altar for the Lord sacrificing a young bull on it. So he took ten men and in the middle of the night did what the Lord commanded. I know without doubt he was afraid
3. I Feared Not Because . . . God is my God; do not be dismayed If we don’t repent this will happen to us to?
• God was My personal companion even while I gave some really bad news I told I had to tell the people about the vineyard 51 God had said the following, “I had vineyard on a very fertile field I dug it I planted it I got the choicest vines. I built a watchtower. I looked for a crop of good grapes, but it yielded only bad fruit. 4What more could have been done for my vineyard.
• When I looked for good grapes, why did it yield only bad? And God said I must tell them this “5Now I will tell you what I am going to do to my vineyard: I will take away its hedge, and it will be destroyed; 6I will make it a wasteland, I will command the clouds not to rain on it." 7The vineyard of the LORD Almighty is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are the garden of his delight. And he looked for justice, but saw bloodshed; for righteousness, but heard cries of distress God did send a foe to bring his judgment the Assyrians N Kingdom and Babylonians in S Kingdom or Judah.