Summary: A message on the importance of worship and praise in the life of a child of God.
Your Singing Heart
1. Praise Reverences The Savior
· (Psa 50:23) Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God.
· (Psa 34:1) A Psalm of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed. I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
· (Psa 145:10) All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
· (Psa 111:9) He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.
2. Praise Resist Satan
· (1 Sam 16:23) And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.
· (James 4:7) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
· (1 Pet 5:8-9) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
· (2 Chr 20:20-30)
· (Psa 22:3) But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
3. Praise Releases The Spirit
· (Psa 61:8) So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.
· (Eph 5:18-20) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
4. Praise Refreshes The Saint
· (Isa 61:3) To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
· (Psa 30:11-12) Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
· (Psa 45:7) Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
· (Psa 45:17) I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.
5. Praise Reaches The Sinner
· (Acts 16:30) And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
· (Psa 40:3) And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.