AGAIN – so much of what Jesus teaches is just nuts according to the world… he taught THAT…
• The way up is down
• The way in is out
• The way first is last
• The way of success is service
• The way of attainment is relinquishment
• The way of strength is weakness
• The way of security is vulnerability
• The way of protection is forgiveness (even to 7 x 70)
• The way of life is death – death to self, society, family
• Know your strengths. Why? Because that’s the only way that you can lay them down.
• God’s power is made perfect…where? In our weakness.
• Want to get the most? Go to where the least is.
• Want to be free? Give complete control to God.
• Want to become great? Become least.
• Want to find yourself? Forget yourself.
• Want honor? Honor yourself with humility
• Want to ‘get even’ with your enemies? Bless, love and pray for them
Nietzsche was right. To a people...Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Robert Marsh on Mar 22, 2005
Most of us are familiar with this song – it’s the theme from the television show Friends. But have you ever caught the lyrics to the song? They read, in part: So no one told you life was gonna be this way Your job’s a joke, you’re broke, your love life’s D.O.A. It’s like you’re always stuck ...read more
Contributed by David Elvery on Nov 14, 2004
A little boy was leading his sister up a mountain path and the way was not too easy. "Why this isn't a path at all," the little girl complained. "Its all rocky and bumpy." Her little brother kept on up the mountain, ...read more
Contributed by R. David Reynolds on Jun 30, 2005
Dorothea Day’s poem “My Captain” is the Christian response to Henley: Out of the light that dazzles me, Bright as the sun from pole to pole, I thank the God I know to be For Christ the conqueror of my Soul. Since His, the way of circumstance I would not wince nor cry aloud. Under that ...read more
Contributed by Tim Richards on May 24, 2005
This bomb was tested above the Arctic Circle on October 30, 1961. The explosion was so intense that the flash was visible over 600 miles away. People felt the air move over 160 miles away. Everything in a radius of 15.25 miles was completely destroyed. Very severe damage extended to a distance of ...read more
Contributed by David Schaal on Sep 10, 2003
The other day, Hunter my 6 year old shocked me as I came in the door. He said Dad, did the trash man come yet? I said, “I think so,” he said,” Good, I will go get the trash can and bring it in.” I thought, “ I am such a great leader, I have taught my son the responsibilities of taking care of and ...read more
Contributed by Jonathan Vorce on Sep 6, 2017
We are commanded by God to "make" disciples. This message can aid in the developing of fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Contributed by Archie Luper on Jul 7, 2007
STORY: Wife goes with husband to doctor. Not good, husband has but one week to live. Extend time by cooking, rubbing feet, back, take golfing, fishing, etc. Be as affectionate as when you were first married. This might extend his life. “Honey, what did do