• Bargain basement upstairs.
• Would the person who took the step ladder yesterday please bring it back or further steps will be taken.
• After tea break staff should empty the teapot and stand upside down on the draining board.
• This is the gate of heaven. enter ye all by this door. (This door is kept locked because of the draft. Please use side door.)
• We exchange anything - bicycles, washing machines etc. Why not bring your wife along and get a wonderful bargain?
• The town hall is closed until opening. It will remain closed after being opened. Open tomorrow.
• Out to lunch: if not back by five, out for dinner also.
• Slow cattle crossing. no overtaking for the next 100 yrs.
• Due to increasing problems with letter louts and vandals we must ask anyone with relatives buried in the graveyard to do their best to keep them in order.
• Anyone leaving their garments here for more than 30 days will be disposed of.
• Elephants please stay in your car.
• For anyone who has children and doesn’t know it, there is a day care on the first floor.
• The farmer allows walkers to cross the field for free, but the bull charges.
• If you cannot read, this leaflet will tell you how to get...Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Philip Harrelson on Sep 27, 2004
One of our pastors (Larry Booker) tells of going to General Conference a number of years ago where a special session for ministers was held. A certain pastor had been asked to speak to the ministers about his personal experiences concerning the importance of upholding holiness in the local ...read more
Contributed by John Raulerson on Oct 6, 2005
Joke: You Can’t Believe a Word He Says A guy sees a sign in front of a house: "Talking Dog for Sale." He rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard. The guy goes into the backyard and sees a black mutt just sitting there. "You talk?" he asks. "Yep," the mutt replies. ...read more
Contributed by Douglas Vincent on May 28, 2004
Wind is the Movement of air relative to the surface of the Earth. Wind is an important factor in determining and controlling climate and weather. It is also the generating force of most ocean and freshwater waves. Wind occurs because of horizontal and vertical differences in atmospheric pressure. ...read more
Contributed by Richard Mcnair on Nov 4, 2004
Out of my office window I looked up and saw a squirrel jump from one high tree to another. On the ground several dogs were milling around. He appeared to be aiming for a limb so far out of reach that the leap looked like suicide. He missed--but landed, safe and unconcerned, on a branch several ...read more
Contributed by Michael Mccartney on Mar 29, 2005
Moody notes " It is a peculiar thing, you cannot get any instruction in the Bible as to how to conduct a funeral, for Jesus broke up every ...read more
Contributed by Jeff Strite on Aug 31, 2014
Lot's of people speculate on how the world will end. Some think it will be destroyed by an asteroid, others by nuclear war, still others by .... Zombies? But they're all wrong. Find out why the 2nd Coming should be important to us as Christians.
Contributed by Dean Courtier on Mar 6, 2010
Both the Old and New Testaments speak of how the world we know will end and that God is working out His purposes until then. When Jesus comes again, believers will be judged and then enjoy eternity with God in Heaven. Unbelievers will also be judged and t