Summary: If we would allow ourselves to follow Hannah we would find a woman barren, burdened, broken, as she goes to the Sanctuary, but we also see a woman who is blessed because she went.
Follow Hannah to The Sanctuary 1 Samuel 1:4-20
1. When we follow Hannah to the Sanctuary we find Hannah is Barren.
• vs 6 Her rival used to provoke her severely, to irritate her, because the LORD had closed her womb.
• People in their culture considered this to be shameful
• In that ancient society barrenness was for a woman the greatest disgrace and the deepest tragedy .
• When we follow Hannah to the sanctuary we find Hannah’s Barrenness, her unproductive state, unfruitful state, her desolation. Can be changed the bible says and the Lord Remembered Her and in due time vs. 19
• But Because of God's gracious provision, as in the case of Sarah , Rebekah, Rachel ), Hannah the Shunammite ,and others. We can Praise the LORD. the Lord Remembered them and in due time The Psalmist records the following 9He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children.
2. When we follow Hannah to the Sanctuary we find Hannah is Burdened
• Hannah felt the anguish of being rejected by God
• Hannah felt Grieved to the point of starving and probably seeking death Her husband would say, “Hannah, why do you weep? Why do you not eat? Why is your heart sad? , her rival or her husband’s other wife provoked her till she wept and would not eat. Vs 7-8
• Hannah’s burden is lifted, why? Because the Lord Remembered Her and in due time
3. When we follow Hannah to the Sanctuary we find Hannah is Broken
• 10She was deeply distressed and prayed to the LORD, and wept bitterly. She is bewildered
• Hannah’s spirit is broken so she is willing to give up her child 10In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD. 11And she made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head."
• When we follow Hannah to the sanctuary we find her brokenness her yielding but we also find “ the Lord Remembered Her and in due time”
4. When we follow Hannah to the Sanctuary we find Hannah’s Blessedness
• Hannah called 10In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD
• Hannah found blessedness through prayer God promised Moses if you pray 17And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."
• The Psalmist Prayed and there was a Promise to those in adversity 7In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.
• There is a Promise to those who diligently seek , 14if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
• The Lord Remembered Her and in due time” 19Early the next morning they arose and worshiped before the LORD and then went back to their home at Ramah. Elkanah lay with Hannah his wife, and the LORD remembered her. 20So in the course of time Hannah conceived and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel,C saying, "Because I asked the LORD for him."