Summary: One of the hardest struggles is knowing what God is telling you to do, when God is saying to stay and when He instructs you to move foward. The life of Moses gives a clear example of navigating through this arduous dilemma of life.
One of the hardest struggles is knowing what God is telling you to do/when God is saying to stay and when He is saying to move.
Not knowing is this God, is this family pressure, yourself.
Fasting and praying and still not hearing clearly from God while you are in the will and the way of God—about what He wants you to do/where He wants you to go.
• Let me say—if you are not walking in the will of God you need to understand that God is not ever going to raise His voice.
• If you are not close enough to God to hear Him whisper, then you will always be wandering in the middle of nowhere.
• Because God is only speaking to those that are close enough.
God doesn’t have to raise His voice to talk to the people that He wants to talk to. NO. God says that IF YOU’RE REALLY INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM ME, NOW, YOU MUST MOVE EVERYTHING, EVERY ENCUMBERANCE, EVERYTHING THAT’S NOT LIKE ME OUT OF THE WAY.
Ill.—Parallel between the world of physical fitness and the spiritual realm. (God and the Gym)
So the first thing I’ve got to do is get everything out of my life that might be blocking me from hearing God.
• You need to serve an eviction notice on a lot of stuff in your life/everything that doesn’t please God/doesn’t honor God/hindering your being properly aligned with the Spirit of God.
• You can’t bring treasure in until to take the trash out.
• God can’t bless no mess. And to ask God to bless this or that before the weights are removed invalidates the promise of Him moving on behalf of those who will seek His face. And to expect God to bless that is like throwing fertilizer, dirt and water on concrete and expecting grass to grow. It won’t work!
• This may seem radical—but don’t you know that there is some stuff that God has to do?
Now once I’ve alleviated and evicted every encumbrance—then I can move to the fact that maybe this just might be a test.
After I’ve removed all of the stuff that doesn’t please my father out of my way, life and path…why am I not hearing God as I think I should?
And I had to ask myself why is it that God would let me be that close to Him and still not tell me exactly what it is He wants me to do. It is because every now and then God will set you up for a faith move.
Tell you neighbor : THIS IS A FAITH MOVE
A faith move is when you don’t know exactly, specifically, precisely what the Lord is saying—but you know the Lord is saying “JUST START WALKING AND I’LL SHOW YOU ON THE WAY”.
And there are times, moments and instances where God will not tell you in detail exactly what He wants you to do—but He’s going to see if you will trust Him enough just to move.
• God is not just always going to give you the exact directions as to where you are going or where He is taking you. Sometimes God will just say “Start walking”.
Come here Abraham. Sure I will Brother Pullam. God told me in the 12th chapter of Genesis to get away from my kindred and my acquaintances to a land I will show you. If you leave your family ‘I will bless you; I will make you a blessing; I will cause others to bless you.” Now wait a minute—where am I going God? He says “I’ll tell you while you are on the way!”. And so Abraham just has to leave his comfort zone.
Here are, in the text, children of Israel. Where are they at?
They just left bondage. They are on their way to Canaan. They have left prison Promise.
Wait a minute—they left where they were; but they have not arrived where they are going.
I wonder where that puts them? Well, according to my calculations—that puts them IN BETWEEN.
I’m just trying to figure out where all my in between folk are in here.
• Between a rock and a hard place
• Between shooting the dog and kicking the cat
• Between going postal and committing suicide
• Between being sick and being healed
• Between leaving the career and starting the business
• Between healing from the old relationship and finding peace in the new relationship
• Between the habit and the addiction and finding NEW LIFE, NEW JOY, NEW PEACE, NEW HOPE.
• Between losing the job and still giving to God out of your sacrifice
• Between being dissatisfied and discontent with Rev. Flip Flop and Muddy Streak B.C. and your new life at Cornerstone