Summary: From creation to the second coming
Due to the large amount of sermons and topics that appear on this site I feel it is necessary to post this disclaimer on all sermons posted. my sermon ideas and illustrations are often taken from many sources including those at Sermoncentral.com, there could be instances where other minister’s wording is used, or wording similar. I am not trying to steal anything from anyone else, just trying to help others proclaim the gospel. my sermons are not copyrighted and may be used or preached freely. May God richly bless you as you read these words. It is my sincere desire that all who read them may be enriched. All scriptures quoted in these sermons are copied and quoted from the Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible.
A. Today we’re going to cover a lot of ground.
1. In fact, we’re going to cover a whole lot of ground.
2. We’re going to cover every major event in world history in 30 minutes, give or take a few minutes.
3. All that’s really essential for us to know, we can find it in this book, the Bible, the Word of God.
B. There are 5 critical events in world history that we must know.
1. Today, we are going to look at those events and see their significance, not only for the whole world, but also for you.
II. Critical Event in World History #1: God created the heavens and the earth (Read Genesis 1:1).
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
A. World history begins with God.
1. This is the most significant statement ever made.
2.“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”
3. This statement includes everything that exists.
4. Everything that exists today, or has ever been created, was created by God.
B. At the beginning, God was already there.
1. Before there was a heavens and an earth, God was already there.
2. God was never created.
3. God existed before there was a creation.
C. God created the universe, the earth, the plants, the animals, and His greatest creation, Man.
1. God created man (Genesis 1:26–27).
2. There is no evolution, there is no crawling out of the slime.
3. Humankind is a direct, divine creation of the Almighty God.
4. God created man for His pleasure.
5. God created man for His glory.
6. God created man for His fellowship.
D. What is the significance of this critical event in world history?
1. It shows us God is the author and director of history.
2. He began history and He is actively involved in the continuation of history.
3. It shows us God alone is in control of the universe and the direction of history.
4. It also shows that humans are not God.
5. We are created beings created by an uncreated God.
6. God is superior to us.
7. As created beings, we are responsible to our Creator.
III. Critical Event in World History #2: Man sinned (Read Genesis 3:11)
11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
A. God makes the rules.
1. God gave Adam a command not to do something.