WEIRD LAWS IN CALIFORNIA
1. It is illegal for anyone to try to stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.
2. A California law makes it illegal to set up a mousetrap without a hunting license.
3. In Berkeley, California, it's against the law to whistle for your lost canary before 7 A.M.
4. Under California state law, it is illegal to peel an orange in a hotel room.
5. People may not ride a bike in a swimming pool.
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Chris Appleby on May 31, 2003
There’s an old Indian Fable I heard recently. A water bearer had two large water pots which he carried on either end of a pole slung across his shoulders. One of the pots had a crack in it, so every day as he carried water to his master’s house he arrived with one full pot and one only half full. ...read more
Contributed by Michael Mccartney on May 17, 2005
1. C. Leslie Charles says that the American Psyche is headed for a pressure cooker explosion because she sees a society that is getting angrier and angrier and more self-centered every day. She says many have bought into the belief of the “The Cranky Code” of conduct: a. I am entitled to what I ...read more
Contributed by Jim Kane on May 25, 2004
Two cars were waiting at a stoplight. The light turned green, but the man did not notice it. A woman in the car behind him is watching traffic pass around them. The woman begins pounding on her steering wheel and yelling at the man to move. The man does not move. The woman is going ballistic inside ...read more
Contributed by Brian La Croix on May 4, 2004
You probably heard about the guy who was trying to lose weight, but came to the office one day with two dozen donuts. His co-workers asked him why he got donuts if he's trying to diet, and he answered, "Well, as I came to the corner where the donut shop was, I told God that if He wanted me to ...read more
Contributed by Pat Cook on May 16, 2005
Guiseppe Garibaldi was an Italian soldier who lived during the 1800’s. His father dreamed of his entering the priesthood, but Guiseppe had dreams of being a sailor, and the Navy was the way to do it. His leadership abilities caused him to rise quickly in the ranks, and in time, he amassed a ...read more