IN THE JEWISH WEDDING TRADITION,
• As the young man becomes of age to marry,
• He builds a room onto his father’s house,
• So there will be a place
• For him and his bride to live.
WHEN THE YOUNG MAN IS READY
• To get married,
• He goes to his father
• And gets permission to go after his bride.
WITH HIS FATHER’S PERMISSION,
• He goes to collect his bride.
• She never knows just when he will come for her,
• So she has to be ready at all times.
WHEN HE IS NEAR HER HOME,
• A trumpet is blown
• To let her know he is there.
• With a shout, he calls her out
• So she can follow him back to the room he prepared.
WHEN THEY GET TO HIS FATHER’S HOUSE
• He keeps her there
• For 7 days
AT THE END OF THE SEVEN DAY PERIOD,
• He goes back with her to her home
• And claims to the world,
• his rightful place as a married man.
JESUS IS IN HIS FATHER’S HOUSE,
• And he is building a place
• For His bride (the church) to live.
WHEN GOD THE FATHER GIVES PERMISSION,
• Jesus will then come for His bride (Christians)
• And when he gets here,
• A Trumpet will sound
• And a Shout will occur
• To call his bride to Him.
WHEN WE MEET HIM IN THE AIR,
• We shall follow Him
• To His Father’s house - -
• Where He will keep us for 7 years.
AT THE END OF THAT 7 YEARS,
• Jesus will take us back to earth,
• Where He claims to the world
• His rightful place as
• King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
• The Jewish Wedding Tradition,
• We can see perfectly
• How the RAPTURE will occur.
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Brian La Croix on Oct 5, 2001
Pastor and author Tony Evans says this about God: “Holiness is the centerpiece of God’s attributes. Of all the things God is, at the center of His being, God is holy. Never in the Bible is God called, ‘love, love, love,’ or ‘eternal, eternal, eternal,’ or ...read more
Contributed by Sermoncentral on Sep 22, 2002
PREDICTIONS OF HIS 2ND COMING: Earliest known prediction by Tichonius 381 A.D.; Then 500 A.D. by Hippolytus (170-236). Later, predictions surrounded the 1st millennium: 1000 A.D., 1009 A.D., & 1033 A.D. were popular. 1533 A.D. was agreed upon by both Michael Stiefel (1486-1567) a friend ...read more
Contributed by Don Hawks on Nov 24, 2007
I ran across this news from Austin, Texas recently: The headline read: MAN EXPERIENCES HEART ATTACK AFTER THE RAPTURE Herbert Washington, whom co-workers at Significant Plastics Inc. say was unduly concerned with the rapture and the second coming of Christ, suffered a serious heart attack when ...read more
Contributed by Sermoncentral on Jan 17, 2008
When I was about six years old, I heard the pastor preach a message about the "Second Coming" of Christ. He emphasized the initial part of Christ’s return, what we like to call the "Rapture of the Church". He explained in great details the events that would transpire: people disappearing, worldwide ...read more
Contributed by James O. Davis on Oct 28, 2003
I believe the life of Enoch is a type of the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Please note the characteristics of the man named Enoch. We will see there are several similarities with his day, time and life as compared with our day, time and lives.